It’s official – the National Buffalo Wing Festival is set to return this Labor Day weekend and there’s extra reason to toast to this wingtastic news. Buffalo New York’s granddaddy of all wing fests will be celebrating its 20th anniversary – two decades of wings! According to the wing fest website, the 2021 fest may look a little different than past events but you can still count on delicious wings from the best wing places across the country. The wing fest team captained by “Buffalo Wing King” Drew Cerza is working hard to adjust the festival format to accommodate safety concerns and logistical changes necessary to comply with local and state health departments.
Here’s an early look at how this year’s fest will work:
- Festival admission in 2021 will evolve into timed, pre-ticketed sessions.
- On Saturday, Sept. 4th, there will be (3) three hour sessions.
- On Sunday, Sept. 5th there will be (2) three hour sessions.
- All admission tickets will be prepaid online.
- As of now, wing fest team is hoping that outdoor large gathering capacity allowed by the state will increase to 5,000 people.
- This would allow a total of 25,000 tickets to be sold.
- More information will be forthcoming on this year’s prices and ticket sales.
Check out the full 2021 National Buffalo Wing Event Schedule here.
With the new format, I fully expect this year’s festival to be a blast and impress like past festivals. I had the privilege of meeting the Buffalo Wing King / festival organizer Drew Cerza at the 2011 festival and know he’ll put on a great event. Stay saucy my friends and follow us on IG and Facebook for updates on the festival as it approaches and more great chicken wing content.